Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Korean Cell Phone

So today Will made me get a cell phone, in my opinion what do I need one for who the heck am I going to be calling. lol but I got it anyway and we all know how little to no patience I have so the experience was nerve wrecking. There are two booths set up in the AAFES that sell phones Olleh and LG the Koreans at Olleh's copier was broken and they needed a photo id of my drivers license, which in my opinion they should have just added me in with Will since it's coming out of the same account. But she sent me to the Koreans at the LG spot to ask for a photo copy, the lady at LG states that she doesn't do copies and to tell the other Korean lady to come do it herself lol. So while relaying the message the woman tells me go to the library, mind you we are doing all of this while Will is on lunch so I'm already on a time limit and now I'm getting pissed. So, I go to burger king instead lol...Will says hey maybe I should have walked up there with you after I have been running around for 30 minutes. After we eat he walks up to the stand the lady says oh hand me your id I will make you a copy damn soldier lovers smh. Just that simple had me running back and forth and he stand in front of her and she goes and does it herself. smh ain't that a b****. Then after I pay for the phone it takes an hour for them to program it so that it's in English and not Korean, which by the way it's still partially in Korean and I have no idea what the heck my phone says. It's already time for Will to go back to work and I have to be home by 2:30 to pick up Jay from the school bus. So I tell the woman that I will just come back in an hour there isn't that much crap in the world to do at the PX for an hour. And despite the fact that the PX is supposed to be a great place to shop lol they are never fully stocked it's like walking in to the Walmart in Severance Plaza just horrible and over crowded. I went in to get some dishes and walked right back out lol we can use paper plates smh. Of course they are now setting up for Christmas so Shawny sees everything and has this elaborate list for Santa. This year Santa will be dropping off a computer (so he can play games), a cell phone (so he can play games), bakugan action figures, some little kitchen toy (so they can fatten me up with fake food), Play dough (so they can destroy the floor or feed to mikey) and I forgot the last item. (So grandmas that are reading get your money together that's his list from Santa lol) Will burst his bubble and told him he could already tell him no matter how good he was Santa wasn't bringing no damn computer lol.

They have little tents set up outside the PX this week with people from Osan selling things, and the man with the mink blankets (and he makes robes) was there prices are $38. And there was another man that had hand painted these wonderful paintings (which my retarded self forgot my memory card in my computer so pictures will be uploaded tomorrow on FB); there is another man that makes jewelry boxes and handmade furniture well I guess it's hand decorated but it's gorgeous I don't even own enough jewelry for a box but I want one lol. My adventure at the Commissary was hilarious because Will has become so spoiled to it that he was freaking out because he was like we are close to $100 mind you we had a cart loaded to the top with stuff, that would amount to at least $350 at Gaint Eagle. Lol smh wait until he gets back to the states and goes to a real store he is going to be so heart broken lol. Mikey has been hanging with this new puerto rican family that we met in the complex and the little girl has been speaking to him in Spanish so watch out guys he may not be speaking Korean lol. And Shawny and Jay are a big hit with the Koreans because they can say hello (annyeonghaseyo) and know how to bow to the elders, which they totally respect. Some guy was at the PX just laughing and joking with them lol. He was asking shawny questions in English and teaching him how to say them in Korean. So, since they are learning this thursday I will be heading to my first Korean language class for basic survival. OOOOOHHHHHH and Will was so right about their crazy driving I got into a taxi with this one man and lord he rode the middle lane the whole way to the house doing 60 on a main street glad I had my seat belt on, and the boys were strapped in.

No comments:

Post a Comment