Sunday, November 20, 2011

E-Mart








Today we traveled to E-Mart which to me was more so like Walmart then anything. They had some really cool things in there and the set up of it is kind of weird. When you first walk in you have to go through the metal detectors which takes you to the clothes, shoes, purses, and makeup. We got Michael some new Korean tennis shoes, they have wonderful warm sturdy kids clothes but lord the cost of them are for the birds lol. I believe one outfit was 54,000 won yea I will be ordering and very very rarely buying from their stores. They do have a lot of sales but that was 54,000 with the discount so imagine without it. His shoes came to 27 american dollars 31,000 won so wasn't that bad. Especially considering the fact that our PX is anti boy clothing. On the bottom level is where the grocery section is and the carts are like the carts from Aldis you have to put a coin in to get it, and bag the stuff yourself, while all Korean grocery stores are like that. They do not supply paper or plastic lol very eco friendly here so you better be carrying your own shopping crap. We bought so frosted flakes the boxes of cereal here still come with prizes in them how cool is that. They are also getting in the holiday spirit and the little sections that are decorated with Christmas stuff amuses me. Like I said they are the only Asian country that recognizes Christmas as a holiday so it's nice to see their spin on them. And then the third floor of the store had like little clinics a cooking school and something that offered kids classes. They had a food court but the menus was all in Korean lol so we turned around and walked back out. By the time I learn all of Hangul (their Alphabet) it will be time for us to leave. Korean is a level four language meaning that it is one of the hardest to master, so speaking it and reading it will be two different things. lol at the check out the woman at the register started talking to me like I knew what she was saying I had this look on my face like huh????? lol and the woman helping me with the shoes for mikey was nice I know now that han is yes and a few others I just let her do her thing and nodded and smiled lol. She got him together because like I said Koreans love the kids lol. And their shoe sizes and clothing sizes blew me mikey wears a 140m in korean shoes lol....I didn't even want to ask about clothes. And again Hello Kitty has her own section that Cat got more money then Trump lol. Whoever made her is rolling in the money because she is every where. 

No comments:

Post a Comment