Monday, October 24, 2011

Welcome to Camp Casey

Well the kids woke up wired for sound around 6am I knew something was wrong because Shawny sleeps until 10 or 11 at the latest on a regular. After searching the refrigerator and cabinets to see what Will bought when he went "grocery" shopping we discovered that like Smokey he didn't have two things that went together. Pancake mix no syrup, pork chops no flour, peanut butter and jelly no bread smh...so off to find a store that was open, because the commissary is of course closed due to what holiday I couldn't even begin to tell you. First stop was the GS25 some little store right by our building. Of course I send will and all the packaging is in Korean so he walks out with nothing lol. We then decide since we have stuff to do on base we will just get the stuff from the PX. I feed the boys cereal Jay eating 3 bowls while Will is yelling "damn boy you cannot be that hungry" and Shawny just drinking all of the milk out of the bowl while Will again yells " you ain't even eat nothing what the hell wasting food" lol. I explain that Javian has a tape worm that's why I don't feed him cereal he can eat 4 bowls before deciding that he is full. And Shawny just likes flavored milk, so I give the uneaten cereal to Mikey (who really will eat anything) and we head out on our way. We of course are walking, which to Jay and Shawny is just unheard of because it's so easy just to get into a parked car that doesn't belong to us so that they don't have to exercise. The walk to Post was 10 minutes if that and an adventure by itself. I don't think I saw one speed limit sign the entire walk, and they treat red lights like stop signs. They were just flying down the street like it was a freeway no cops in sight no red light cameras and hahaha you all know I checked NO POTHOLES I repeat NO POTHOLES lol get it together cleveland. We first go to get me and the kids registered so that my id card will scan when I come on post all of the kids need to have photos taken and a finger scanned well only jay did and he starts freaking out because he thinks that it's a shot. lol  Will has no idea what he's supposed to be doing or where he needs to go and like I said it's a holiday lol so not to many answers either. His instructions were to pic up your wife and get what you need to get done done lol how vague. Well, lucky for him I am a member of every facebook page for South Korea and from picking up random newspapers have read about what I need to do. lol so I point him in the right direction and we get started. Since it takes 2-4 hours to get me fully in the system I have to wait on my rations card, (don't ask I have no clue what that is either) but I need it to go in the px and shop at the commissary. And hahahaha they have a popeyes chicken that's where they recommend getting your turkey from. In my opinion chicken and turkey are not the same but okay we will go with it lol. Burger king, charlies sub, robin hood, baskin robbins are all on base #winning. And they have cool little shops to spend all your money on souvenirs to send home. American post office no international stamps woot woot lol doesn't matter because I don't know how to begin to tell you my Korean address anyway lol and tons of things to stay busy bowling alley movie theater gateway club etc. By the time we walked around got the little stuff that we needed Shawny was not thrilled about having to walk back home. He started to call a taxi lol, but might as well explore before it gets to cold out. There are home boy pawn shops on every corner lol and some type of telecom place every three doors lol. I found a hairdresser and she's black woot woot. Didn't make it to Lotte mart today or E- mart which I am guessing are like our Walmart but I will next week. Me and the boys came home at our pizza and passed out by 4pm lol. Will had to wake us all up at 7 so we wouldn't be up all night and Jay and Shawny were not happy. Oh and I need to  learn Korean because our home monitoring system is all in Korean and me being me pushing buttons and shit lol hit the telecom in the bathroom and the one in the living room started ringing took me 20 minutes to figure out how to shut the damn thing off smh. Jay came yelling someones calling someones calling lol gotta learn the basics asap so heading to the free Korean survival class on thursday to get started.


























Until tomorrow guys.

1 comment:

  1. WELL NOW YOU KNOW HOW EASY IT WAS TO PACK THE KIDS IN THE CAR AND GO. THEY ARE USED TO JUST THAT, I FEEL SHAWNY,I CAN JUST SEE HIS FACE WALK,WALK WHERE LOL.THAT IS TO FUNNY,IM SURE THAT INTERCOM SYSTEM TOOK YOU FOR A LOOP.LOL WHEN YOU START YOUR KOREAN LESSON TEACH ME SOME TO SO WHEN I COME I WILL KNOW WHAT YOU AND THE KIDS SAYING.ITS A GOOD THING YOU ARE RESOURCEFUL.YOU WILL CATCH ON QUICKLY.I MISS YOU GUYS.HEY DONT FORGET TO LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU SKYPE SO I CAN BE ON.IM GLAD YOU ARE ADJUSTING,ONE THING FOR SURE YOU FIND A WAY TO MAKE IT HAPPEN. KEEP IN TOUCH I HAVE SETUP ACCOUNT.THE PLACE IS BEAUTIFUL SEND MORE PHOTOS.LOVE MOM/GRANNY &GRANPA

    ReplyDelete