Tuesday, January 10, 2012

TMC Experience

So, on christmas day I felt horrible but I blew it off as I was probably coming down with a cold and was just going to finish cooking and rest. All I wanted to do was go to bed my body hurt so bad. But after I ate a little, which if you know me you know I eat as much as my boys I noticed that my mouth was hurting. I couldn't even chew the food and I love mac and cheese so I was pissed that I couldn't eat it at all. I went to bed woke up the next day still unable to eat but slightly better. We headed to the orphanage to pass out presents and hang with the kids, but after 3 hours my body started to ache like no other and my teeth were hurting so bad. I told Will I needed to go to the TMC (troop medical center) so we went and lol I am convinced that the army just likes to pass out pills. They treated me for everything but what I came for. And the first classic question that everyone had warned me about was "Do you smoke?" lol so when I replied no they looked baffled and went on to the next possible factor "do you drink?" lol no so they told me I had a fever of 102 and that I had some inflammation on my throat wrote me a script for chloraseptic and 800mg of Ibuprofen and sent me on my way, with instructions that if the pain wasn't relieved after 3 days to come back. I waited a week while the pain was getting worse, and since I couldn't eat anything I stopped cooking lol. So, since I refused to cook what I couldn't eat Will got pissed and tired of ordering food and told me to go back to the doctor and tell them to fix me lol. I went to the dental clinic but my luck they were closed. Soooo, back to the TMC it was. And this time I walked out with more ibuprofen and a script for a sinus infection. Lmao yep everything that wasn't wrong with me was treated. They asked me could I breathe I had no runny nose just my wisdom teeth growing in in the back which they didn't deny but just felt that couldn't be the source of my pain. lmao assholes, so now I have this explainable sinus infection that I had no clue I had. And if the meds don't relieve it in 3 days I am to come back lmao. But if I didn't know I had it how will I know if the meds worked? hmmmmm. I said fuck it and called a Korean dentist, they saw me the next day because the dental clinic on post only takes walk ins between 7:30am and 10:30am and you cannot make an appt for those things. I was in and out in 30 minutes xrays and teeth cleaned plus shawny got seen. And then scheduled to come back the next day to have my teeth pulled. I had inflammation in my gums that were making it hard for me to eat but since the TMC was more focused on everything that wasn't wrong with me they didn't know that. lol I have never been more happy to have my teeth pulled then I have been in my life lol. He hasn't pulled them all out at once but one at a time every three days. I go back thursday to have the top two pulled and then I will officially be able to eat what ever I want. So guess who has to re-eat christmas dinner that's right the Taylor boys lmao. So, now I am considering going to a Korean doctor for regular checkups since they seem slightly more competent then our own medical staff on post. Oh well when in Rome one must do as the Romans do.

No comments:

Post a Comment